1. Because at one point, I thought it was perfectly great to wear a scarf, a denim mini, 700-degree Uggs and BARE LEGS out into the world.
2. Because at one point, I may have suggested that you too should rock these awesome Disco gold sleeves while making a kissy face...
3. Because I spent over $70 on this Ed Hardy Tank Top. And probably would have suggested you spend your money on it too.
4. Because I rocked-out Orange Skin like it was my job.
|^Spirit of full-disclosure: I still have a soft spot for orange skin. #Early2000sTeenager4Life|
5. Because there was a point in my life when I decided to wear a turkey platter bejeweled belt with low-cut pale-blue corduroys with a "Queen of Rock" mini-shirt when I'm fairly certain I only had Britney Spears/Aguilera in my CD player at that time.
6. Because I not only found it appropriate to get brunch in this outfit back in the mid-2000s but I also thought that somehow, in someway, in some realm - I should be doing reverse peace-signs in photos.
7. Because I put this outfit together for myself at 24-years-old. And it wasn't for a Jersey Shore themed party.
8. Because in my past, I decided I should fry my hair yellow and then accent it with black roots. Perf!
9. Because I actually owned and proudly wore multiple versions of those huge grandma sunglasses. I hate them more than anything.
10. Because I somehow told myself that I should dye my hair the color/texture of hay and start wearing cheap hats that clearly came from some place like Claire's.
So... as you can tell from my years of fashion disasters and creative flaws that I thought at the time were fabulous, there is no way I'll ever be smart enough to pick a tattoo for myself that I won't utterly hate the year later. And that's why my skin is as pure as can be: Because I consistently hate my style choices of the past.
Except that orange skin. Oh how I miss the sweet allure of some 2002 tanning beds.
Tats for you?