My legs are achin' guys. A-chin'. Because in the spirit of January, we spent all last week doing squats, mountain-climbers, sprints and hill walks. Tis the season to get the booty back ... which also means it's time to up that veggie intake. Which is precisely what I had in mind when I did our meal prep for this week:
VEGGIE/BEAN/CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL
VEGGIE/BEAN/CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 bag of quinoa (I used Trader Joe's version)
- 2 bags of broccoli florets (I used these)
- 1 package edamame pods (here)
- Kale, chopped
- 2 cups cooked carrots
- 1 package chicken (I used this TJ chicken but cook on stove for a min w/ coconut oil & spices)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 avocado
- Raw Almonds (toasted)
- 1 package brussels sprouts (I used these)
- Chia Seeds
- Sesame Vinaigrette (below)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Quinoa: Cook quinoa according to package.
- To toast almonds: Put on lightly-lightly greased pan, add some salt and heat, moving constantly. They will burn fast so stay present and keep moving until they're a nice brown.
- Vegetables: Boil broccoli, carrots and brussels sprouts
- MIX: Add all ingredients together (besides avocado and chia seeds) in large bowl and mix, drizzling with sesame dressing as your stir. Top with avocados & chia seeds.
- Hint: If you are packing these for work lunches (like me!), pack the kale separate from the rest of the quinoa mix and pack vinaigrette in separate container. Blend altogether when ready to eat.
^Yummy! Look at all that goodness.
^For breakfast I packed hard-boiled eggs, greek yogurt + pomegranate seeds